Monday, September 14, 2009

Mixed Emotions

Do you ever get that feeling where you are just so excited about something and want to share it with the world but for one reason or another just can't. I received my 6 word memoir book in the mail today and that is exactly how I feel:


It's definitely exciting to have been published but I really don't want people to know that the above memoir was mine. My friends at school will probably think it's not true as they regard me as a goody-goody while my mum may possibly be horrified because the memoir sounds like I'm taking drugs and doing alcohol. For me the memoir refers to how I've changed since primary school, I was a 'saint' in primary school and my mother and I had a good relationship but since I've started highschool I now swear, argue with my mum,am not as honest, leave my room in a mess, hand in assingments late and spend hours on the computer while my homework festers in a pile. I think it just shows how highschool can change a person and in some ways for the worse but don't worry I'm not all bad ;)


Now to redeem myself. I completed the 40 hour famine over the weekend! It was horrible though, much worse than I remembered. There was nothing to look forward to in the day, it just dragged on and I had no energy to do anything so it was extremely boring. Plus I had to watch everyone else around me eating their food-that was the worst part. I know I said I would go collect more donations during the famine but I had no energy. Still, I completed it and hopefully I can still get some more donations from my mum's piano students. I stuck up a sign and a little famine meter to encourage them to sponsor me, so hopefully I'll get a few more donations before the end of September.

So did anyone else do the famine? The official weekend was at the end of August but my school wasn't organised then so they moved it to the 11/12th but World Vision said you can do the famine any time before the end of September.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you defiantly swear a shit load more. And the fact that you of all people argue with your mother and want a facial piercing proves how much of a rebel you are, just like everyone else. Proves how much people change.
I don’t think I have, not really.
Nice blog BTW, good job at keeping it hidden to. You’ll have to show me the book when we see each other next.
I’ve been stalking your Twitter too, would the “friend” happen to be Nic? Cause’ I thought you two were tight?
You should know who this is, otherwise I disown you.

michelle said...

you mention "6 word memoir book"... what is it? it sounds interesting!
michelle :)

michelle said...

wait, oh never mind about my comment before... i've just found your post on it. :D

Toongen said...

The famine is much easier when you do it in a group. Not this year, but the two years before I did with a bunch of friends (Georgie aka Frangi as our leader) and we had an epic sleepover to take our minds off it.

Xoxo.. Toongen..

Toongen said...

The famine is much easier when you do it in a group. Not this year, but the two years before I did with a bunch of friends (Georgie aka Frangi as our leader) and we had an epic sleepover to take our minds off it.

Xoxo.. Toongen..