Thursday, June 16, 2011

Get Ready For Summer.

I'm going to be staying in America for the summer holidays which are much longer than Australian summer holidays and I'm going to be moving host families in less than a week so the few plans I did have are kind of up in the air now and I have no idea what my new host family will do over the course of the next three months. I'm sure you're wondering why I'm moving host families. I really can't get into too much detail as I know my hostmom may be reading this but they really didn't think about the consequences of having an exchange student in terms of money/time/thought/heart/energy. It is a big commitment and not everyone is suited to being a host family. I must admit it does anger me that now I have to move because of their poor judgement so I am trying my best to accept it.

So now I just have to get through summer. All the foreign exchange students are leaving now and the next wave won't be arriving til August(who so far all seem to be 2 years younger than me..) so I can't hang out with them and I haven't really made a lot of close friends at the school I was attending.

But in saying that I am going to make the best of this situation and shall chronicle all the fun things I get up to in this blog. It's going to be a summer like no other- that's for sure.

No comments: